I’m happy to announce a new item in the shop!
Press-Ready is the compilation of 31 informational articles on the process of making books and getting them ready for print.
In this 68-page PDF, we cover:
– Why you should or shouldn’t become a publisher
– Branding your work
– Quick chat about the legalities of becoming a business
– An efficient writing method
– ISBN, UPC, LCCN, etc.
– Making a production time table
– Book feel
– Paper selections
– Helpful software
– Elements of book interiors
– Copyright pages
– Pre-press markup
This book actually comes with a bundle, including the slides from my most popular pre-press talk and the breakdown of running my first Kickstarter and achieving success.
Pssst, want more pre-press goodies? Here’s a free pre-press checklist